Updated June 22, 2022
Collection of Information
The information we collect from you varies depending on the way you use our Services. When you simply browse our public website as a consumer (“Consumer”) to explore our Services or to learn more about us, the information we collect and use is different from the information we collect if you are a Mighty business user (“Business User”) or a Business User’s authorized invited user (“Invited User”) and purchase and/or license one of our products or services. Below, we describe the different ways we might collect information from you.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us.
For example, when you use our services as a Consumer, you share information directly with us when you create an account, sign up for our mailing lists, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, information about your health, your postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
If you become a Business User, we collect certain personal information from you and/or your Authorized Users in order to facilitate our business relationship with you and provide you our products and services, and if you are an Invited User we also collect certain personal information from you so that you can interact with our Business User (collectively, “Business User Information”).
The Business User Information we may collect from you, your Authorized Users, and or Invited Users includes: name, business name, job title, email address associated with your business, postal and billing address, information regarding legal or medical matters in which you may be acting as an attorney or service provider, and any other information you may choose to provide.
We also collect information a Business User chooses to provide relating to its clients or individuals that it serves (“Business Clients”). Business Users must provide their Business Clients any required notices and collect any necessary consents before providing or disclosing any such information (collectively “Business Client Information”) to us. Mighty does not directly collect or control Business Client Information, but rather the Business Users determine what Business Client Information they collect, and to the extent Mighty receives that information, we do so on behalf of our Business Users.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Nextdoor, Twitter, Bing Ads, and other third-party and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your Mighty account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, account information, friends lists, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Process and facilitate transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Mighty and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our Rewards Program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Mighty and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information at your direction with other third parties with whom you have directed us to share certain information (e.g., those Business Users who have invited you to join Mighty or Invited Users with whom you have asked us to share or provide access to your information, or your attorney at Mighty Law with whom you have established an attorney-client relationship).
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as posting to our blog using Facebook, or Twitter, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Mighty, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Mighty and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also use and share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Mighty is headquartered in the United States and only offers our goods and services to those in the United States. We have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries, including the Philippines. Therefore, we and our service providers process data in the United States and may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide similar levels of data protection.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account (via a user settings page, by email or otherwise), please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.